Throughout pregnancy, labor, and after, the body undergoes physical, psychological, and emotional changes that can produce stress and pain.
Massage can help relieve many of the adverse effects of normal pregnancy changes, along with much of the discomfort of labor. Massage therapy eases the aches and strains usually felt in the sacral area and the neck, shoulder, and gluteal musculature. The general relaxation that accompanies massage can improve the quality of rest during the day and sleep at night, especially in the third trimester.
Learn the safe, effective techniques that women need for a happy, healthy pregnancy. In this workshop, students will learn:
- Contraindications and precautions.
- Anatomical changes in the pregnant woman.
- Massaging safely and confidently with pregnant clientele.
- Basic and advanced techniques for all the pre-natal stages.
- How to assist pregnant clients safely on and off the massage table.
- Massaging in semi-recline and side-lying positions.
- Causes and treatment for: sciatic pain, round ligament pain, low back and pelvis, rib constriction, calf cramps and much more.
- Demonstration and hands on practice.
- Completion of total number of required hours and passing of both written and practical exam results in award of certification.